Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Six, Six, Six...

Alright! What a great place to start, but with 666. It doesn't get much more paranormal than that, but WAIT! There IS more! The song 'Six, Six, Six' was done by the Christian pop rock group De Garmo & Key way back in 1984 on their Communication album. The original music video for the song was labeled as 'too graphically intense', and had some editing done to make it more 'conservative' friendly. The particular scene that was changed was when the 'Evil Man of Sin', makes the nonverbal command to the police to '86' the main character, in the original video when the burn barrel is kicked over, the Evil Man ignites in massive flames and walks around as if everything were normal. I guess we can't have any flaming wickedness going on! So It was changed to a crystal ball retrieved from the flames, as you can see in the video link attached. 
 Six, Six, Six is a classic '80's pop, hook 'n goove type rock song. So, for your lyrical pleasure, I submit to you... Six,Six,Six

I was feeling kind of restless
So I went out for a walk
and I ran into a stranger
And for hours we just talked
He said 'I've waited for this moment
All my life. This is it.'
And when I ask him to explain it
He just smiled and told me
'Six, Six, Six.'

He said 'Things will get much better
For tonight is New Age Eve
I can even change the weather
And do things you won't believe 
I've got signs and wonders in my
Bag of tricks.'
And when I ask him to explain it
He just smiled and told me
'Six, Six,Six.'

I said 'Jesus won't you save me
From this evil man of sin
I have read about his future
I don't want to go with him.'
And when I looked up he had gone
But he had left a note that said
'My number is, my number is, my number is,
My number, my number, my number is
Six, Six, Six.'

When morning came I laughed
At what I thought was just a dream
And I went to call my neighbor
And to tell him all I'd seen
But when I reached for my address book
I felt sick
'Cause written across the pages
Every number there was
Six,Six,Six
Flight 666... departing- WELCOME

 So, there you have it. Whether music with a message is your thing, or you are into or opposed to '80's music, this is just well done music.
From a drumming/ percussion stand point,Greg Morrow, who was on this recording played some very technical and mature parts here. No slacking on the drum whackin' here!
 So, maybe this will become a regular listen for ya, or just a great addition to your music collection, at any rate, thanx for checkin' it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment